“A goal that lacks planning is short of reality and tends to confine itself to being a dream.”
If you have a target of achieving greater click-through rates and ROI, then you should concentrate primarily on drafting an effective email marketing strategy.
If you are interested in raising your existing email marketing strategy, here is a brief guide on how to start with a regular email marketing strategy and how to level it a notch.
As a beginner, you need to focus upon sending a regular email. Start by creating and sending emails, followed by keeping an eye over the statistics .
This is the beginning stage for email marketing. You need to start implementing this strategy in the early stages when the company has just started an email marketing campaign.
The content has to be promotional as your only goal is to encourage selling. You can offer discounts and provide some details regarding the new product range that you have launched or plan to launch.
The Good & the Bad!
When we talk about long-term performance, there is definitely a need for change. You cannot expect to get desired engagement through this basic campaign, as this is confined to beginners.
A shocking fact states that In 2019, the average open rate across all industries is 22.15%.
This scenario can restrict the open email rates to 15% and could let the mail subscribers decrease by 50% .
Time to improvise! Your Framework guidelines-
- Create campaigns that focus upon re-engaging the subscribers that have become inactive over time.
- Ask them why they wish to opt-out at the unsubscribe step for the subscribers who wish to unsubscribe. Utilize this reason as a step towards improvement.
- Scheduling your mails is an important aspect of ensuring that your audiences remain gripped. For the clients who are available in different time zones, you will need to make use of time-matched features.
- You need to focus on email design, specifically the responsive email design. This way, you can engage mobile readers as well.
- To extend your email database , make use of sign-up forms . You can further generate leads while making use of the landing page .
- Know your goal for successful marketing starts with goal setting, and email marketing is no different. Please think about what you want to achieve to run an effective email marketing campaign.
- Understand the email types. Also, it is important to understand the various email types that you can send. People group these in different ways, but here are the three main forms of email .
- Promotional newsletters , which are self-promotional and speak about deals and sales.
- Relational emails send subscribers what you promised, such as a weekly update, a free gift, useful information that they can use, etc.
- Transactional emails are usually triggered by subscribers’ actions and relate to an action they’ve taken on your site, including subscribing, welcome message, order or purchase confirmation etc.
- Use Technology Wisely: The best companies in email marketing include tools to help you create more effective email marketing campaigns. Look for such features as:
- Production and automation of a campaign simple, including templates and workflows. Integrations with apps, such as WordPress and OptinMonster , that you already use.
- Ways to segment your public.
- In-depth analytics of the performance of email campaigns.
- Create the best user interface for interaction purposes:
- Hello windows, which appear on your site when people arrive. You might want to use our slide function on our page to allow people to get directly to the subject matter when they are ready.
- Lightbox popups that can show up on any page and temporarily blank out the rest of the content to focus on the option. These completely convert.
- Exit-intent popups , as people are about to leave the platform, appear.
At about 269 billion emails sent every day, there’s to a lot of pressure on your shoulder to attain the attention of your audience.